(Senior) Medical Science Liaison (m/f/x) | South of Germany | Pulmonology / Rare Disease
This position is a senior field-based medical expert who will support Medical Affairs aspects such as medical engagement with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL), disease awareness and appropriate support of product launches. The (S)MSLs will focus primarily on disease awareness educational programs and gaining insights for Medical Affairs strategy in relevant therapeutic areas.
This position works closely with the Country Medical Lead, the Medical Advisor and colleagues of other functions, e.g. Commercial, Market Access, Health Economic and Outcome Research (HEOR), Pharmacovigilance and Regulatory.
This visible position will report into the country medical lead and will be field in the country. A typical week will involve 3-4 days of customer facing work, with 1-2 days working from home for internal meetings and administration.
What will your tasks as "(Senior) Medical Science Liaison (m/f/x)" be?
- Create and implement a regional Medical Affairs Plan for the territory aligned with country specific guidance and priorities.
- Raising the Disease Awareness and knowledge amongst all healthcare professionals of the relevant therapeutic areas and in cross-functional collaboration (e.g. Commercial, Market Access) other decision makers via appropriate and well-targeted educational programs.
- Build & maintain strong relationships with key account stakeholders, demonstrating deep product, disease & patient journey expertise.
- Coordinate relationships with specific KOLs/ scientific groups to support Medical Advisor with special projects to improve the standard of Bronchiectasis (BE) care & the patient journey
- Support early suitable Patient Identification e.g. via appropriate local studies programs
- Attend medical/scientific meetings to represent Medical Affairs with KOLs and other HCPs, strengthen individual expertise as well as capture, integrate, and summarize information of strategic interest
- Support cross-functional colleagues (e.g. commercial, clinical operations, clinical development), in appropriate activities
- Actively participate in relevant team meetings, organizational activities, and Country-driven medical affairs activities (e.g. advisory boards, Masterclasses, Round-tables)
Your requirements as a "(Senior) Medical Science Liaison (m/f/x)"?
- University degree in Biology, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Medicine or another suitable natural science.
- ≥ 3 years' experience in Medical Field role in pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
- Broad knowledge in the areas of pulmonology, infectiology and rare diseases is preferred
- Experience in communicating and building relations with health care sector professionals including specialist care, as well as KOL management.
Your Competencies & Skills needed as a "(Senior) Medical Science Liaison (m/f/x)?
- Strong interpersonal skills. (Communicative, persuasive)
- Team player. (Collaborative)
- Takes responsibility. (Ownership)
- Works well in ambiguous and challenging environments. (Resilient and Resourceful)
- Respectful of cultural differences. (Empathetic)
- Energetic and a self-starter
- Strong multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment
- A passion for helping patients with rare diseases
- Demonstrated initiative and an ability to develop a market for a new therapy and a Medical organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Fluent in English and German
Information about our client:
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company on a mission to transform the lives of patients living with serious and rare diseases. Their most valuable resource is our employees, and everything we do is motivated by a patients-first mentality. The company was founded in 1988 in the US and employs over 700 people globally.
- CV to my email: email@example.com
- Call with a presentation of the company
- I am your contact person for the entire application process (interviews to contract negotiations) i.e. You don't have to apply yourself
- Discuss other exclusive positions that are tailored to your profile
My contact details:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +49 (0) 89/26 20 58 887 (direct dial)