Following the successful funding round of over €330 Million an international biopharmaceutical company is currently building a brand new innovation centre in Cambridge and is looking for new scientific talent to join to bring new antibody therapeutics to the company pipeline. This will be the first facility in Europe but will the 7th site in a global business that currently has over 700 employees and due to be over 1000 by the end of the 2022. With a stable cash flow and first commercial product launching next year it offers the rare opportunity to be involved in a start up environment without the high risks associated with many early ventures.
The company is taking its propriety protein technology and applying it to antibody research to be able to tackle unmet medical needs. This is an amazing opportunity to be involved in the very creation of a new team and site, one with start of the art equipment and excellent future career progression.
Fundamental to the research programme we are looking for a highly motivated project lead for antibody discover who will report to the Head of Research and Discovery . In this role you will lead your project team to design experimental strategies independently and deliver milestones of bispecific antibody project. Working within a highly creative and innovative team you will need to have a true passion for discovery.
- Lead the bispecific antibody project team to provide decision-making data for therapeutic drugs discovery.
- Apply extensive expertise in molecular biology, antibody engineering, expression and purification to facilitate the development of your projects.
- Design and perform multiple assay to screen, characterize and identify the developing candidates of bispecific antibodies.
- Evaluate and decide of future project directions based on the findings from literature and others resource, to achieve project goals.
To be suitable for this role you must have:
- PhD or equivalent in Cell Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or related field.
- A minimum five years industrial experience in antibody discovery field proving experience of managing discovery through to early phase trials.
- Value your role in supporting others and being a leader of a team
- Experience of routine molecular biology and cell biology methods.
- Knowledge and experience in bispecific antibody discovery, immunology and related immunological assays is essential.
- Extensive experience in bispecific antibody expression, purification and characterization is essential.
- Experience in immunological assays such as ELISA, HTRF, FACS, high throughput screening assay and Biacore.
- Excellent ability to write high quality integrated project proposals and project reports.
- Good data recording, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated attitude and good team leader.
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multitask and deliver project data on time.
With the new laboratory based in Cambridge this role will require you to be onsite and comes with excellent salary benefits as well as the chance to work under and experienced leadership team. To apply please send an updated cv online or call 02039295856 for further information.