Head of Quality Control (m/w/d)
My client, a global leader within the field of medical laboratory diagnostic testing, with a strong focus on molecular test systems, is currently searching for a new Head of Quality Control. This is a new position introduced into the department, designed with a view to further enhance the success rate of new product introduction & product development.
Within this role, you will truly have the chance to leave your footprint on the organization, by introducing your own ideas, strategies, and structurization methods. You will be subject to short decision paths, flat hierarchies, and the freedom to express your ideas.
· Familiarisation with the science and chemistry of the existing product portfolio within a timely manner.
· Advance the existing QC systems, protocols, and procedures, driving significant improvement in First-Pass-Rate performance.
· Development and improvement of QC processes accompanying the NPI (New Product Introduction) and Product Development process.
· Qualification of Test Methods
· Continuous use of data analytics & modeling to identify, analyze and eliminate root causes of weaknesses in QC throughput performance, primarily First Pass Rate.
· Drive implementation of QC procedures in the NPI process, including Raw Material In-coming QC release, and Intermediates & Finished Good QC release.
· Continuous adaptation, simplification, and harmonization of existing QC foundations in support of and to enable significantly increased throughput and business growth rates, both in terms of Product Mix and Volume.
· Assume management responsibility of the QC department both professionally and disciplinary.
· Ensure the further development of its team members through relevant coaching and training.
· Introduce and embed into the QC operating procedures current QC Best Practises, Tools, Procedures and KPI-lead performance parameters.
· Review the current structuring of the QC department to detect areas where efficiency can be improved, and ultimately execute reorganizations where necessary.
· Represent the QC department within internal, external, and interdepartmental functions.
· Several years of professional experience within the field of Quality Control within the IVD, medical device, or pharmaceutical industries
· Experience in biologics would be a bonus
· Successfully completed a university degree in a relevant life science or technical field.
· A proven track record of leading and developing highly successful teams.
· Expert knowledge of quality control procedures and protocols, as well as legal standards and regulations.
· Extensive experience within the field of data analytics, and the use of technological applications in driving the efficiency and effectiveness of QC processes.
· Demonstrated success in building & developing a dynamic QC Team with an unwavering commitment to Quality.
· Experience in high throughput commercial environments, using Digital solutions executed with Speed, Process Efficiency, and with a commitment to enhancing the financial & operational goals - Revenue, Cost and Inventory
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and people in a very dynamic industry, sometimes in high-pressure environments.
· A highly dynamic, hands-on working style,
· Thrives on Accountability and Responsibility.
· Excellent command of the German and English language.
· Opportunity to develop/structure the QC department with a high level of freedom.
· Room to express ideas and put new input into practice.
· Flat hierarchies with a close connection to upper management, resulting in short decision-making paths.
· Opportunity to work with a highly interesting, and impactful product range.
· The chance to work with products that span across all risk classes.