Medical Director UK
An international rare disease company who has recently received approval for its first therapy in the UK is looking to hire a new Medical Director to join the Senior Leadership Team. Leading a team of in Field MSLs you will be responsible for the people management and development as well as working with the UK GM to support the medical strategy for the current asset and future pipeline products.
With many organisations being hit with phase 3 failures in the last 2 years this role offers the chance to be involved in all of the amazing work associated with startup but with minimal risk on the future based on their cash rich nature and secured EMA and FDA approvals. With future pipeline products also in contention for blockbuster status it is an amazing time to join the company.
As a scaling company this role is not for the faint of heart as with any new business disappointments on progress will outweigh the wins so someone who has grit and determination is what we are looking for. Are you able to rally your team when needed and keep them focused on the long term plan? Then this is an ideal position!
Key Responsibilities include:
* UK Medical Signatory for Medical & Commercial
* Support Field Medical Team for medical and scientific leader engagements.
* Mange the UK Medical Budget
* Responsible for execution of Medical Affairs operational plan
* Define key processes required for the implementation of key tactics for the MSL's
The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive in a people management role, will be aware of the leadership capability and look to ensure the team is high performing
- Be able to engage with the scientific community and raise awareness of the disease area with patient groups taking a lead to promote collaboration and engagement.
- Have previous knowledge of dealing with medical enquiries and activities such as, regulatory submissions, marketing approval, medical approval and education material.
- Be eligible for final signatory status on medical information and commercial material
- Previous experience within Rare Disease or Specialist care will be an advantage
- Have worked in a UK Medical Affairs role
- Previous experience as a Medical Director not required, but experience of managing a team of MSL is
The role will be home based with the UK HQ operating as a hub for meetings when required. The role will look to pay up to £120k and will offer sign on shares with the potential for significant increase in the future.
- Contact: John Morkus
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry Date: 08 October 2021
- Job Ref: 161339_1631106245
Medical Director UK