Principal Pharmaceutical Scientist (m/f/x) | Ulm | Pharma
In the position as "Principal Pharmaceutical Scientist (m/f/x)" you will play a key role in the development of a compounding system that will be used at hospitals (at the point of care) to prepare innovative injectable MRI contrast agents.
What will your tasks as "Principal Pharmaceutical Scientist (m/f/x)" be?
- As a pharmaceutical expert, you will lead projects of innovative drug developments, including drug substances and products (injectables), analytical and process development, validation, control strategy, and technology transfer in accordance with US/EU pharmaceutical regulations.
- These activities are part of the global development of a very innovative technology, combining quantum physics and sophisticated GMP compounding systems used at the point of care (Hospital).
- These activities will be done in collaboration with the Director of Chemistry, the Device Development team, the CMC team, and top tier CRO/CDMOs.
- You will have a pivotal and decisive responsibility in establishing pharmaceutical and regulatory expertise, technical strategies and best practices, for the formulation, process and analytical developments of our innovative drug products.
- This includes:
- Building methodologies and experimental plans following Quality by Design to develop robust processes and formulations, in deep collaboration with our research scientists, chemists and engineers.
- Characterizing and optimizing impurity profiles in collaboration with our CMC and non-clinical experts.
- Help to developing purification and sterilization processes (filtration) and their validations, in collaboration with our engineering and CMC team
- Bringing expertise on and leading analytical development, validation and transfer with internal chemistry team, CRO and Users (Hospital)
- Leading process and stability validations and participating in the generation of all necessary scientific packages for Module 3 and registrations.
- Participating in regulatory writing and interactions with health authorities under the supervision of Regulatory Affairs and CMC
- You will also be responsible for the management of technology transfer projects of our products to our CROs and CDMOs, as well as defining and negotiating work packages and contracts with them.
Your requirements as "Principal Pharmaceutical Scientist (m/f/x)"?
- PhD in pharmaceutical and/or chemical sciences or a related field.
- Over 10-15 years of professional experience in industry working on pharmaceutical development and tech transfer in a GMP environment (US/EU)
- Strong scientific skills and mindset, strong skills in chemistry. Passion for experimental work related to innovative drug development
- Expertise in drug substance and drug product pharmaceutical and analytical developments (small molecule, sterile, injectable, HPLC, GC, NMR).
- Demonstration of independent work and expertise in development of drug products, preferably with experience leading and managing projects involving research activity, and management of CDMOs.
- Experience in working in an international, interdisciplinary and cross functional team of strong scientific experts
- Experience in contrast agents, radio pharmaceuticals and/or drug device combinations is a plus
Information about our client:
Our client is an innovative quantum technology startup that was spun off from the University of Ulm and is backed by tier-1 investors from Silicon Valley and Europe. The mission is to leverage their unique know-how and IP in quantum technologies to become a front-runner in the development and commercialization of novel medical imaging modalities compounded at the point of care. This technology will advance the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and neurological disorders.
I look forward to your application!