Site Head (m/f/x) | Pharma
In this position you will be responsible for the overall management, leadership and coordination of operations on site. Tasks are leading and being responsible for plant activities, responsibility for manufacturing, supply and controlling operations where objective is to fulfill sales demand at the optimum service levels (capacity, output, productivity and quality). As the Site Head, you will be responsible for team management, resources, safety, equipment and their maintenance, budget and quality of the products.
You will be reporting to the Global Head of Manufacturing and are part of the Global Manufacturing Management Team to support strategy development and deployment.
What are your tasks as a "Site Head (m/f/x)"?
- Develop and optimize manufacturing capacity and infrastructure in accordance with the strategy defined by Global manufacturing centers organization, to meet the present and future demands of the marketplace as defined by the sales forecast and the Business Plan.
- Manage/develop manufacturing plant budgets (OPEX/CAPEX) in association with finance team and manage resources to operate within budget (resources to fit with demand planning)
- Maximize assets utilization and their performances with the optimized resources to follow market needs and reduce operational costs. Optimize utilities uses related to cost by syringes.
- Become world class manufacturing with products, services, and results by continuously improving effectiveness and efficiency in all operational processes
- Optimize manufacturing constraints to ensure a smooth flow of products and data to gain competitive advantage in the value chain by lean project (green belt, kaizen…) or automation
- Define, build, monitor, and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and scorecard to drive progresses (continuous improvement process) in the plant and activate the needed action plans
- Coordinate Process Transfers into production in collaboration with RD and PPD team (Product/Process Dev)
- Establish shared services; allocate resources across local and global centers network to fit with projects needs within the matrix organization.
- Develop collaborative tasks and shared information with the other sites included in the global centers organization.
- Ensure products availability in line with demand Mgt and in the respect of the good manufacturing practices (GMPs).
- Perform annual appraisals of direct reports and ensure that staff training needs are met for all employees in collaboration with local HR team.
- Support all Investigation for any incidents, accidents, or complaints in collaboration with QA team.
- Promote "customer focus "philosophy by strengthening quality of products, processes, and services.
- Create trust (coaching, training, delegation, listen to) and integrity in instilling culture change, recognizing performances and encouraging a responsible behavior and plant goals achievement to fit with the HA global manufacturing centers strategy.
- Mentor and motivate teams to achieve productivity and engagement
- Promote an atmosphere of open, appropriate, and accurate communication in order to enhance the company culture and contribute to the company's global efficiency
- Ensure that health & safety German regulations are followed and enforced
- Ensure that GMP are followed and enforced
- Represent production sites during inspections and audits
- Minimize the ecological impacts and risks of activities according to cost/benefit of measures
- Establish shared services; allocate resources across local and Global centers network to fit with projects needs within the matrix organization.
What requirements do you need as "Site Head (m/f/x)"?
- With an engineering background in technical operations, 10-15 years successful experience in manufacturing, ideally in the medical device field or pharmaceutical clean room environment
- Strong leadership skills and a proactive way of leading
- Continuous improvement, lean programs, 6 sigma tools
- Strong knowledge of ISO13485 - 21 CFR 820 - standards and GMPs
- Proven ability to motivate teams to achieve high standards and accomplish set outcomes
- Ability to envision and work toward the "big picture" while keeping their day-to-day objectives at the forefront
- Rational and open minded, dynamic, and pro-active, well organized
- Good knowledge of usual IT tools (Excel, word, Powerpoint)
- Native German, English fluent
Information about our client:
Our client is a leading pharmaceutical and medical device company in Europe. The company is more than 100 years old and its more than 3000 employees work in over 50 countries. The company's various specialties include medical aesthetics and neurotoxin therapy. The company is also involved in the research, development and distribution of other innovative products (innovative health, wellness and beauty).
I look forward to receiving your application!