Director, Recombinant Proteins Group
|Job Title:||Director, Recombinant Proteins Group|
|Location:||Redwood City, California|
|Contact Name:||Kyle Murfin|
|Job Published:||June 20, 2019 00:33|
* Establish a high functioning protein production core group.
* Lead protein production group to generate antigens, antibodies, and cell-lines to facilitate discovery and project support.
* Utilize and develop novel technologies/methodologies to express and purify antigens (in addition to multi-transmembrane containing proteins).
* Guide scientists and team to address complex processes and transition leads into development.
* Interface with multiple discovery project and matrix teams across the organization.
* Excellent written and oral skills are necessary
* Accomplish goals under project team time lines
* Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Structural/Molecular Biology, or related field with 6-8 years' experience or 10+ years relevant experience.
* Extensive experience in leading a core group of scientists to make high quality proteins for in vitro and in vivo testing.
* Knowledge and experience in making antibodies from multiple species and technologies like bi-specifics, conjugation, and fusions is required.
* Demonstrated ability to make complex antigens like multi-transmembrane receptors, oligomers, and difficult to express and purify proteins.
* Demonstrated ability to generate proteins for crystallography and cryo-EM.
* Hands-on experience with multiple expression systems/formats (mammalian, insect, yeast, and E. coli) and purification media (affinity, ion-exchange, hydrophobic, size-exclusion chromatography) and automation is required.
* Experience in generating cell-lines (electroporation, viral transduction, etc.) is also required.
* Experience in evaluating protein liabilities and formulations is highly desirable.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's