Global Project Manager
|Job Title:||Global Project Manager|
|Location:||District of Columbia, USA|
|Contact Name:||Kyle Murfin|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2018 22:25|
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Medicine Development Plan (MDP) Management: Utilizing the Target Product Profile, the GPM collaborates with subject matter experts on the MDT to construct a project schedule, an external project expenditure budget (EPE), and a risk management plan. The GPM is responsible to track progress, and identify and manage any variances to the plan baselines to realize opportunities and/or avoid delays.
- Medicine Development Team (MDT) Management: Prepare agendas and minutes for MDT meetings. Maintain decision and action logs. Archive MDT minutes and governance board presentations.
- Lead and Facilitate Preparation of Documentation for Governance / Stage Gate Decisions: Summarize key data supporting project progression. Propose options for investment to Senior Executives (e.g., plan options with different timings, costs, and/or risks/opportunities) with a clear recommendation on the preferred MDT option.
- Communication / Reporting: Prepare reports/slide decks for use with the team and management to communicate project status, achievements, challenges, and variances to plan baselines. Liaise with Finance and MDT to efficiently and effectively manage EPE.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of best practices within GPPM.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferably in a life / physical science field.
Experience: ≥5 years pharmaceutical R&D or related industry experience which must include ≥2 years of demonstrated project management experience.
Computer Skills: Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Word. Experience in the use of SharePoint sites.
Travel: May require ~10% travel, per business needs.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) or Lean Six Sigma preferred.