|Location||Great Yarmouth, Norfolk|
|Salary||£30000 - £31000 per annum|
A pharmaceutical manufacturing company based in Norfolk is looking to hire a new Production Shift Leader to lead the production shift team to achieve production plans and ensure that the filling and packing operation produces product that complies with GMP requirements.
This opportunity would suit an experienced GMP production operator looking to step up into a management role and work for a company that values its people and the quality of their products. The organisation is a UK staple that has seen continued investment and growth with new production equipment and new line capability, and winning of new contracts allowing them to manufacture a range of topically applied medicines, including liquids, creams, gels and collodions.
Investment in the site has allowed for the manufacture of a much wider variety of products, to a higher quality and to much higher volumes.
Key responsibilities include:
* Run the production shift and manage the shift team.
* Lead by example with regards to timekeeping, work ethic, H&S and GMP standards ensuring these are adopted and maintained by the shift.
* Ensure batches are produced to meet production plans, to the required quality standards and in accordance with relevant company procedures.
* Ensure compliance with safety and quality procedures on the shift.
* Ensure shift members are trained and training is adequately documented.
* Lead and drive continuous improvement initiatives and Lean projects.
* Create, review and update production SOPs
To be eligible for the role you must have:
* Previous experience of supervising and leading a team, monitoring performance, & delegating work within a production environment.
* Self-motivation with a proactive 'can do' approach.
* Experience of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or similar improvement tools (e.g. DMAIC, Kaizen).
* Experience of working within a regulated manufacturing/production environment and associated documentation.
If you are interested in the opportunity please contact John Morkus or call 02039295856 for further information.