|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Contact Name:||Pavlina Bullaj|
|Job Published:||May 19, 2018 00:33|
East Bay, San Francisco
SciPro Global are working closely with one of our key clients based in the East Bay to identifying a strong Project Manager professional to lead a team within their program management organization. This position will report to the Director of Program Management and will work on genomics, proteomics, and cell biology instruments, reagents, and platforms for the academic and research markets. We are looking for a candidate who has multiple years of experience managing projects and programs in the life science industry, as well as experience managing, leading, and motivating a team of project managers. If you have the experience and ability to lead complex projects, ideally with proven success running consumables, software and instrument projects and platforms, and are a dynamic and experienced mentor and leader of direct reports, then we want to talk with you!
In this role, you will manage a team of project managers, as well as manage individual projects. You will need to be committed to working in a matrixed environment, and be a strong partner and collaborator with multiple groups, including R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing, QA, Tech Support, and other departments. You will work with fellow managers to track project success, ensure on-time delivery of projects, and manage projects to budgets and milestones. This position requires someone who is proactive and has excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to shift teams, resources and focus to deliver on time results of projects critical to both short term and long term business success.
Role & Responsibility:
- Manage and mentor a team of Project Managers.
- Create, implement and execute project plans, timelines, and deliverables of key strategic projects.
- Work with senior managers across a matrixed environment to address risks, and adjust resources and priorities as issues arise.
- Input data into dashboards to ensure visibility up, down and across stakeholder departments.
- Manage critical path items, publicize action plans, and successfully mitigate project roadblocks.
- Leverage well developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships within your own team, as well as members of the entire Life Science organization.
- Use strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership, and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high-performance teams.
- Understand and distill management messages down throughout your project management organization.
- 8+ years of experience managing projects of increased complexity in the life science fields.
- Proven ability as a leader and motivator of people and team members.
- BS degree in a life science field. MBA a plus.
- Have a strong understanding of biotechnology, and well as platform product development (Instruments, consumables, and software).
- Ability to distill complex issues into executive summaries that can be disseminated throughout an organization.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and change course to meet the needs of the business.
- Effective presentation and meeting skills at all levels of the organization.
If this is something you would be interested in or know someone who might be, please apply to the role directly or alternatively, you can reach out to me at email@example.com for more information.