R&D project manager (contract) - Galway, Ireland
|Job Title:||R&D project manager (contract) - Galway, Ireland|
|Location:||Galway, Republic of Ireland|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Wilson|
|Job Published:||July 24, 2017 14:51|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
- Define scope of development projects with management; track milestones and deliverables.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations and deviations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve constraints, issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project resources and critical paths.
- Work directly with the team members or with their team leaders to estimate effort, plan activities and negotiate consensus among individual team members on their appointed tasks.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones with appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver meeting agendas, progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations for team members and management as required.
- Manage and track agreements, invoices and payments.
- Budget preparation & tracking.
- Work with external stakeholders across the site, Ops, QA, Supply Chain, Warehouse, Finance and RA to ensure that project goals are clearly communicated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience in project management in Generic Pharma Development space a distinct advantage,
- Possess knowledge of c GMP requirements in the pharmaceutical industry, including ICH guidelines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to manage project scope changes and project uncertainties by offering timely and compliant solutions to keep projects on track
- Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents
- Ability to work with managers or directors and communicate ambiguous concepts.
- Ability to keep indirect reports and project teams focused on deliverables.
- Ability to critical provide analysis and solutions
Position functions semi-autonomously, with expectation that candidate can independently design and execute projects and assign activities to ensure assigned projects are meeting milestones. Opportunity for mentoring and leading junior staff will arise based on project needs
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a science related discipline (Preferably Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Science) with 8+ years pharmaceutical/ medical device industry experience, Previous project management experience is essential.
PMP is desired, but not essential.
However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's