|Job Title:||Scientific Director|
|Job Published:||September 30, 2016 14:58|
- Support in scientific affairs and communication
- Ensure that client communication strategies are understood and actioned by editorial and account teams
- Take an overarching role to ensure that projects reflect a thorough understanding of clients' objectives and that key communication points are supported effectively.
- Provide support to ensure that scientific communication is carried out to the highest standards and meets with client expectations.
- Analyse and assimilate market, therapy area and product information in order to provide consultancy advice on product differentiation, positioning, and marketing strategy.
- Where required, make a strong contribution to client communication strategies, developing key scientific communication points, strategically focused documents and other deliverables to support product positioning and brand vision
- Make strong contribution to overall account strategies and plans.
- Work closely with EM/ETL's, Client Services and Group ED to cross-pollinate ideas between editorial groups and account teams within group.
- Contribute to existing editorial project delivery where appropriate to ensure highest standards of quality control and client service.
- Organic growth
- Identify gaps in services or product offering to existing clients and accounts. Work with editorial and account teams to help expand opportunities and develop additional business with existing clients
- Support new business development
- Provide scientific and technical knowledge and input on commercial understanding and creativity to enhance the standard of proposals and pitches.
- Develop and convert new leads in co-operation with client services and business development teams (with emphasis on provision of input on technical and content aspects).
- Develop and present scientific credentials at pitches in collaboration with the rest of the Business Development team.
- Work within the business development team to identify and develop new business leads.
- Initial provision of scientific input with new clients and accounts
- Provide key editorial/content generation and delivery link between client and editorial teams for new business wins.
- Liaise with editorial teams to assist during early stages on new accounts.
- Mentor and support new editorial teams working with new clients as appropriate.
- Lead identification and conversion of further business opportunities with new clients in co-operation with other editorial and account team members.
- Record and monitor actual versus budgeted time, and complete timesheets accurately and on time.
- Comply with company SOPs and standards.
- Provide support and collaborate with all offices and staff in an open and positive manner
- Maintain a good working knowledge of computer software required.
Experience / attributes required:
- At least 15 years healthcare agency experience in senior roles
Breadth of experience across:
- Types of projects
- Therapeutic areas
- Types of clients (geographical and healthcare market mix)
- Strong appreciation of both PM and clients' business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Well developed personal and written communication skills
- Experience in strategic planning
- Experience in developing and presenting new business proposals/pitches
- Experience of working with extended team across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on own initiative to tight deadlines.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's