|Job Title:||Senior Engineer|
|Salary:||€60000 - €65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Radford|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2017 14:16|
- A degree in a related Engineering Discipline with minimum 8 years' experience in injection moulding and/or high volume automated assembly processes.
- Preferably worked in the Medical, Packaging or Technological industries with experience of process validations.
- Must be capable of leading a technical team of engineers and technicians.
- Must be capable of performance management of those on the team (agreeing SMART objectives, conducting regular reviews and providing feedback as required).
- Must have good data analysis capabilities and be familiar with statistical software (ideally Minitab).
- Must have dealt with customers and suppliers in a previous employment.
- Must have knowledge of computer systems; integrated manufacturing systems; word processing and spread sheets.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of 6 Sigma methodology and structured systematic route cause problem solving.
- Must be able to travel as required by the position.
- Must be able to work independently on own projects while working concurrently with all departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a technical team to specify, introduce, validate and continuously improve equipment and processes.
- Introduction of new production processes into the company.
- Management and optimisation of existing processes.
- Development of User Requirements Specifications for purchased equipment and liaising with vendors on same.
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure that best engineering practices are employed at all times.
- Ensure current best practices are maintained and keep abreast of new relevant technologies.
- Support the Development Engineering team in the development, optimisation and implementation of new processes and technologies.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to production technicians and operators.
- Drive improvements for current processes with focus on zero defects philosophy.
- Work with other team members in troubleshooting processing problems.
- Establish relationships with the customers and equipment suppliers in pursuit of continuous improvement and on-going business development.
- Attend, schedule and facilitate internal meetings to help establish priorities and assign tasks.
- Solve, in conjunction with the Quality department, customer related problems/issues as needed
- Instruct others, formally or informally, regarding manufacturing related skills or knowledge and assist in the training of employees on new processes or systems introduced to the company.
- Coordinate the development of documentation in the Production and Technical areas in line with ISO9001 and ISO 13485 requirements, and review the systems with the Group Leaders and the Quality department on a regular basis to ensure conformance to same.
- Communicate on a regular basis (or as appropriate) with external suppliers of materials and equipment and provide regular feedback on any issues to the management team.
- Act in accordance with the company's Guiding Principles and adherence to the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's