Senior Medical Information Scientist
|Job Title:||Senior Medical Information Scientist|
|Contact Name:||Alex Young|
|Job Published:||March 22, 2017 13:47|
The Senior Medical Information Scientist will work as part of the clients Medical Information team and provide up-to-date, accurate and balanced information on products to internal and external customers. The Senior Medical Information Scientist will assist with Marketing and Medical activities by providing brand support for assigned therapeutic area as well as specialist Medical Information support.
- Provide a high quality Medical Information service to both internal and external customers, record comprehensive details to the Global Enquiry Management System and operate in line with global/local SOPs, Copyright Law, Codes of Practice and PIPA UK guidelines.
- Prioritise, plan and organise work considering the customer and business needs and gain expertise from Medical Affairs colleagues to facilitate enquiry conclusion and Standard Response management.
- Escalate important issues as they arise to management colleagues and ensure adverse event and quality reporting, in compliance with Medical Affairs, PV and Quality department guidelines.
- Applying a basic awareness of business strategy to identify enquiry trends and emerging issues and raising awareness with appropriate colleagues as well as providing input to business tenders where appropriate.
- Ensure that product knowledge and search system skills are gained, applied and maintained and assist in developing and maintaining standard responses and procedures.
- Working with the team to raise awareness of the MI operation and processes with the broader UK and Global teams.
- Provide training and guidance to peers within Medical Information as required.
- The Senior Medical Information Scientist is responsible for maintaining cGxP and H&S knowledge applicable to the job and carries out their work in a way that will not adversely affect their own, or others', health, safety and security or the environment and reports any shortcomings in our arrangements.
- DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop specific expertise for allocated specialist products and assume particular responsibility for provision of medical information support for these.
- Responding to technical/medical questions from healthcare professionals and internal and external customers by the retrieval, evaluation and presentation of high quality information using in-house and external sources in a timely and efficient manner with all information complying with relevant legal requirements, Codes of Practice and company guidelines and policies.
- Maintain core reference documents (e.g. standard response documents) to ensure shared knowledge is current. Ensure that all Medical Information enquiries are recorded to agreed standards in the enquiry management system.
- Review accuracy of promotional and non-promotional materials to ensure information, claims and comparisons are accurate, balanced, factual and fully referenced in compliance with the ABPI Code of Practice.
- To coach and mentor staff on Medical Information systems and to assist in the product and therapy area training of other staff as appropriate, including but not limited to Sales, Marketing and Medical personnel.
- Provide partner support for assigned therapeutic area/product. Supporting internal functions (sales, marketing, medical) with medical queries and training.
- To be the responsible MI reviewer as part of the copy approval process.
- Keep up to date with and comply with relevant company SOPs and working practices, regulations and Codes of Practice. Assist with the review and revision of departmental SOPs/guidelines..
- Identify when enquiries relate to a reportable adverse event or product complaint and pass these through to the relevant department in accordance with the department SOP.
- Attend national and international medical conferences on behalf of the company
- KEY ATTRIBUTES/SKILLS/EDUCATION - ESSENTIAL
- Degree level or above in Pharmacy, Life Sciences or related field.
- Established Information Service expertise with up to five years Medical information experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's