Senior Project Engineer/Manager (GMP) Immediate start - Sligo
|Job Title:||Senior Project Engineer/Manager (GMP) Immediate start - Sligo|
|Location:||Sligo, Republic of Ireland|
|Salary:||€50 - €60 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Wilson|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2017 09:36|
Department Function/ Objective
- To provide a Manufacturing Engineering service to the plant, in order to maximise the availability of Manufacturing, Utilities and Facilities Equipment.
- To manage engineering projects when and were required.
- To ensure continual compliance with the policies relating to Personnel, Quality, Engineering, Safety and Finance.
- To support the engineering teams in controlling uptime of equipment and optimizing efficiencies.
- To support the Engineering team with the emphasis on continual operational improvements and employee equipment training and development.
- To manage the execution of projects within the engineering group.
- To carry out and implement equipment and process improvement initiatives.
- To ensure the performance of day to day preventative and demand maintenance activity to maintain manufacturing and utility equipment.
- Establish with the Engineering Leader - DP/Synthroid & Projects the department goals, schedules and timetables for activities.
- Assist with the management and supporting of manufacturing equipment development.
- Preparation of capital expenditure requests for plant.
- Develops monthly engineering metrics.
- Ensure successful external, Division and Corporate audits.
- Ensure compliance with calibration requirements.
- Issue management reports as requested and on time.
- Management of relevant budgets within target.
- Ensure safety standards are met and safe working practices adhered to.
- Implementation of equipment/process upgrade in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Support the Engineering Team in ensuring that manufacturing equipment is maintained to meet the required legal, divisional and corporate standards.
- Liaise with Division Engineering as required.
- Ensure the effective management of appropriate internal and external plant projects.
- Implementation of all relevant policies relating to Personnel, Quality, Engineering & Safety.
- Supervise external contractors.
- Negotiate cost / quality effective external contracts.
- Prepare appropriate CAPA plans and implement timelines.
- 2 years plus of Experience as an Engineering Supervisor
- 5 years plus of Experience as a Manufacturing Engineer
- Total combined minimum years of experience required six
- Required to undertake specific investigations, and equipment monitoring, with the view to improve manufacturing performance e.g. reducing plant downtime and maximizing Plant output and yield.
- It may be necessary to re-design elements of manufacturing machinery to adapt to process conditions in order to improve efficiency.
- Considerable and continual care and attention needed to avoid substantial damage to equipment. Losses could be significant.
- Continual attention needed to ensure plant reaches its annual production plan.
- Failure on the incumbents part not to exercise due care could cause repeated small losses or occasional damage.
- Has set targets and goals to achieve which are reviewed on weekly/monthly basis.
- Incumbent receives only general instructions from management personnel as to manner to which duties should be performed.
- Incumbent is charged with responsibility for ensuring uninterrupted availability of manufacturing equipment.
- Demonstrate Appropriate Management Competencies.
- Team Leadership.
- Set Vision, Strategy and Implement.
- Build Organisation and People.
- Know The Business.
- Drive for Results.
- Has Management responsibility for Engineering Team.
- Will manage and supervise external contractors.
- Have contacts with all levels of management within company.
- Has external contacts with outside contractors/services engineers and commissioning engineers, safety inspectors etc.
- Has high level of contacts with Divisional Equipment Engineers.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's