|Job Title:||Analytical Scientist|
|Salary:||£17 - £25 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Elizabeth Smith|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2017 08:42|
Urgent opportunity for an Analytical Scientist to join a global pharmaceutical company based in Merseyside, for an initial 6 month contract.
Vacancy exists within the R&D team, working on commercialisation activities and manufacturing support development activities. The role will cover Biotech, Nutrition and Natural Product areas. The role will require the candidate to drive the analytical development strategy for key molecules and contribute to delivery of overall process development goals.
- Development of a range of key in-process and final product methods in support of process development activities.
- Delivery of key project milestones.
- Leading and delivering method validations.
- Leading technical transfer activities.
- Developing work plans, working collaboratively within a team of development scientists, regularly communicating progress to key stake-holders and working flexibly to overcome issues and barriers encountered.
- Provision of quality data in compliance with good laboratory practises (GLP).
- Delivery of high quality technical documentation in a timely manner.
- Accountability for budgeting and cost control for development activities
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate risk assessments and safe systems of work are in place and adhered to
- Developing close alignment with supporting functions, including Manufacturing Operations, and Quality Control Labs to ensure that methods can effectively be delivered and are appropriate for manufacturing.
- Good working knowledge of a range of analytical techniques such as activity assays, HPLC, UV, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, wet chemistry methods and/or microbiology methods.
- Good understanding of process and product related impurities and characterisation techniques.
- Degree or higher degree in analytical chemistry (or related discipline).
If interested in the opportunity, please apply immediately
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's