Associate Director / Director of Contracting
|Job Title:||Associate Director / Director of Contracting|
|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Contact Name:||Reece Mitellas|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2018 16:58|
Objective of Position
Oversees third-party functional service providers contracts and manages a team of 3+ individuals. Contracting supports clinical development programs across all functional areas and is responsible for ensuring CDAs, Consulting Services Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, Vendor Master Service Agreements, Laboratory Master Service Agreements, as well as Work Orders and Amendments. Contracts are negotiated and completed in timely manner to meet clinical site activation timelines and functional deliverables. The Associate Director/Director of Contracting is accountable for the oversight and management of the site contracting program, CDAs, Consulting Services Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, Vendor Master Service Agreements, Laboratory Master Service Agreements, as well as Work Orders and Amendments and for working with internal and external partners to communicate challenges, risks, opportunities, and decisions with skill and diplomacy.
* Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills relating to a variety of different agreement types.
* Proficient with Word with a working knowledge of Excel.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; professional manner.
* A demonstrated track record of success as a functional manager, having worked collaboratively within a matrixed environment with other cross-functional groups. Strong coordination and communication skills will be essential.
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently with all levels of management and personnel.
* Ability to comprehend and manage business contracts and other complex documents.
* Ability to handle multiple projects in a timely manner.
* Strong commitment to customer service.
* Manages complex processes across functions, interacts effectively with the clinical teams and related departments.
* Demonstrates ability to maintain problem-solving approach in collaboration with internal and external contacts.
* Strong organizational skills; able to organize and follow through with projects; ability to efficiently handle large volume of contracts.
* Contributes to the establishment and evaluation of contracts business processes including development of new SOPs.
* Provides information to Senior Management on contract issues.
* Works with upper management to develop outsourcing strategy.
* Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong organizational and planning skills and meticulous attention to detail.
* Able to work independently while exercising initiative, flexibility and good judgment.
- JD or BA/BS with equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience with a BA in a relevant discipline. 8+ years of experience with a MS in a relevant discipline. MBA, JD, or similar graduate degree preferred.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's