Director, Clinical Operations
|Job Title:||Director, Clinical Operations|
|Location:||Redwood City, California|
|Contact Name:||Pavlina Bullaj|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2017 18:21|
Director, Clinical Operations
South San Fran
SciPro Global are actively looking for a Clinical Operations Director for a key client based in South San Francisco. The role is ideally looking for a candiate with prior Oncology trial experience and who will be responsible for setting and executing departmental strategy, as well as managing the day-to-day functioning of assigned teams within the Clinical Operations Department.
Role & Responsibilities
- Represents Clinical Operations at the Global Development team and Global Product teams as required
- Responsible for ensuring protocols can be executed in a compliant manner by Clinical Operations through optimization of assessments, oversight of clinical operations aspects of a clinical protocol Performs and assists in Sponsor pre-site, site and audit assessments
- Provides budget, timeline and feasibility support for study protocols until a study team can be established
- Interfaces with key departments to discuss status of current studies, as well as significant staffing, hospital and recruitment issues. Explores potential upcoming studies, methods for continuing to provide sponsors with the highest quality data, increasing clinic efficiency and setting directions for future growth
- Oversees clinical trials and study teams to ensure protocols are executed on time, to budget and with quality
- Establishes and maintains relationships with service providers
- Negotiates contracts/ rates with identified service providers
- Develops, implements, monitors, and supports Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work processes to ensure an efficient Clinical Operations department
- Reviews, tracks and approves all departmental expenses for in/direct reports
- Maintains and participates in the fiscal objectives of Clinical Operations and recognizes cost reduction opportunities
- Maintains and updates knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCPs) and their proper application.
- Provides support to Business Development and other functions as appropriate
- Represents Clinical Operations and company at conferences and meetings as appropriate
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, written/ verbal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage time, resources and multi-task
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in a health-related field
- Eight (8) years related experience in life sciences, including clinical development experience.
- Proven track record as a leader in clinical trials in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience and knowledge of ICH-GCP and other relevant regulations
If this is something you would be interested in learning more about or know someone who could be, please apply directly, OR get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability & contact details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's