|Job Title:||Medical Director|
|Contact Name:||Alex Young|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2017 09:45|
Overall Job Purpose
He/she creates and is accountable for the effective management operations within the Company and implements Company's medical strategy and supports the local medical site leadership in all sites. Medical Director maintains the effective structure for the most efficient and suitable use of Company's medical resources. He/she initiates and leads change-management exercise within the physicians group, supporting company-wide initiatives, business needs and realisation of Company's goals. Medical Director develops cooperative relationships with all divisions and enforces professional collaboration between the physicians and the operations and Lab Ops team. In addition, Medical Director provides medical guidance to Senior Management Team & Operational Leadership Team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to define the Company's medical strategy and clinical governance and oversee the implementation
- Chair the Clinical Governance Committee & Multi-Disciplinary Team. Support the chair of the Safety Governance Committee
- Implementation of the medical leadership and clinical governance tailored to the Company's business strategy and needs
- Support the management of the medical & clinical teams
- Deliver scientifically valid studies, data and reports following GCP guidelines
- Implements the safety review for patients and subjects protection
- Provide general medical oversight to the recruitment of volunteers, clinical trials & other processes
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the companies eligibility criteria
- Support Project Management with study related issues
- As appointed Responsible Officer, adhere to and ensure we adhere to the Designated Body the regulations (The Medical Profession (Responsible Officers) (Amendment) Regulations 2013)
- Review annual appraisals for all physicians and make revalidation recommendations to the GMC when appropriate
- To establish and implement procedures to investigate concerns about a doctor's fitness to practise raised by patients or staff of the trust or arising from another source, in line with Maintaining High Professional Standards in the NHS
- Where appropriate, to refer concerns about a doctor to the General Medical Council and make recommendations to the GMC about the fitness to practise of doctors employed by the Trust
- Where a doctor employed by the Trust is subject to conditions imposed by or undertakings agreed with the GMC, to monitor compliance with those conditions
- Maintain secure records of doctors' fitness to practise evaluations including appraisals and any other investigations or assessments
- Be a recognised Education Supervisor to support Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine Trainees within the company.
- Revise medical operations infrastructure to suit Company's needs
- Initiate and implement change management projects /agreed goals
- Implement clinical governance expertise to the Company
- Plan and direct all aspects of the clients medical & clinical policies and programs, in close conjunction with hSite Leadership Team and other divisions as appropriate.
- Create a competency-based training system for all physicians, starting with new starters and a full-time induction programme, in conjunction with the Training function
- Establish and maintain a continuous education system for revalidation of doctors
- Ensure periodic review of all policies and procedures to assure efficiency, appropriateness, and patient safety is maintained
- Oversee the development of the clinical content in marketing materials
- Attend medical conferences, Investigator meetings, site initiation and site close-out meetings
- To maintain a list of doctors for whom the RO is responsible
- To ensure there is an integrated system for monitoring doctors' performance, recognising good practice and encouraging and supporting development and learning that is closely linked with the Trust clinical governance structures and processes
- To ensure that effective systems and processes for doctors' appraisal are in place
- To ensure appropriate action is taken to remedy identified areas of weakness in doctors' performance
- To ensure doctors have qualifications and experience appropriate to the work to be performed and that appropriate references are obtained and checked
This is a non-exhaustive list
- Employees have a particular responsibility for ensuring the confidentiality of personal information and company data.
- All employees are bound to comply with all company policies and standard operating procedures and are required to update themselves on a regular basis and attend all mandatory training.
- To keep updated and maintain your CPD including attending internal/external seminars/workshops etc.