|Job Title:||Medical Director|
|Contact Name:||Alex Young|
|Job Published:||July 20, 2017 10:18|
- Provision of strong medical leadership and management of a department with a large diversity of functional - and disease area experts, including Senior Med. Affairs experts in Haematology & Oncology, in Inflammatory & Immunology, Clinical Operations, Drug Safety & Risk Management, Regulatory Affairs and Quality.
- Overall responsibility and oversight for the strategic design, development and execution of Medical Affairs activities, the strategies of Clinical Development Operations programs and IIT plans.
- Establish a professional and collaborative relationship with the overall organization and business units ensuring a positive contribution to the objectives of the organization. This includes co-ordination and close alignment with the other department heads, seeking for synergies and optimally servicing joint and overlapping customer and stakeholder audience.
- Provision of strong and versatile leadership to the UK & Ireland Medical Department, including ensuring recruitment, coaching and people- as well as organizational development.
- Foster a high performing team culture, which attracts, develops and retains employees with high growth potential.
- Building and shaping a scientific talent pool that will drive the future success locally and internationally.
- Inspiring and strong leadership in a rapidly growing and evolving organization and an equally dynamic healthcare environment.
- Management of Medical budget and forecasts.
- Establish a culture of organizational performance and delivery on goals targets by defining and focusing on high business priorities and core activities.
HCC (Healthcare Compliance)
- Healthcare Compliance Lead with matrix reporting into Head EMEA HCC.
- Guarantee the conduct of medical and scientific activities according to all relevant regulations including responsibility for sign-off of appropriate documents (Country SOP, contracts, etc.).
- ABPI code compliance.
- Drive relations with MHRA ,IMB, EMA and other relevant regulatory bodies
- Strong and solid communication skills. Company spokesperson together with the GM.
- Strategic visionary partner for external Stakeholders with broad Med. Aff. Expertise and close connectivity to Market Access and Health Economics (Policymakers, Scientific & Academic Leaders).
Active member of the UK & Ireland affiliate Leadership Team.
MD, with further qualifications (i.e. MBA, PhD or Board Certification) advantageous.
Skills and Knowledge required
The ideal candidate will not only bring a significant pedigree in medical marketing, but will likely also bring experience of clinical development, KOL engagement and relationship-building. Just as important as the 'technical' background, the new Medical Director should demonstrate a real focus on (and passion for) leadership and people development.
Personal characteristics will be absolutely crucial, as the successful individual needs to have the self-sufficiency, energy and drive to take this opportunity and run with it, with exceptional communication and leadership skills, as well as a level of comfort at working in a high-growth, fast-paced matrix environment, where influencing, collaborating and negotiating across an organisation are a prerequisite.
Specifically he/she will possess the following:
- Strong clinical research and medical affairs experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, ideally spanning multinational and specialty organizations.
- Extensive HCC experience and deeply knowledge of local HCC environment.
- Experience of IIT management.
- New product development/clinical development experience desirable including the ability to shape clinical trial design with a strategic mindset.
- Sound knowledge of the UK pharmaceuticals industry environment as well as the legal/ healthcare system.
- A solid understanding of the pharmaceutical product development process and a strong awareness of the interface between R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Market Access and marketing.
- Experience leading and/or working closely with Drug Safety, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Medical Affairs and Clinical Development teams.
- Budgeting experience, resource management experience.
- Excellent network of customer contacts and strong customer orientation; science-based and marketing-minded.
- Strong people management skills, including proven track record of successful leadership of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to contribute effectively to the UK & Ireland Leadership Team working cross-functionally to achieve organizational goals.
- Intellectually nimble with strong business acumen, analytical skills and results orientation and emotional intelligence toward internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage change and proven record of showing adaptability in leadership and line management.
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills, scientific and non-scientific, throughout all levels and geographies of an organization.
- A person who is confident with ideas and innovative thinking and is able to tailor them to productive ends with the courage of his/her convictions.