Packaging Line Lead
|Job Title:||Packaging Line Lead|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Radford|
|Job Published:||April 07, 2017 10:57|
The overall function of this position is to be responsible for the organisation and operation of the packing process from receiving of finished product, storage, inspection through to movement of packed goods transfer to Warehouse for despatch. You will also Provide leadership and line management to the team and be Accountable for ensuring that the approved production scheduled is executed in an agreed time frame, within all quality parameters and for the performance management process.
Main Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Team Leadership
- Motivate team members to enhance schedule adherence and at the same time, maintain high production and quality standards.
- Monitor time and attendance and ensure compliance with HR policies.
- Communicate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware of business expectations and deliverables.
- Ensure team members have individual performance plans.
- Monitor team performance and conduct regular appraisals.
- Manage training and development of team members for products and processes within the team by working closely with the Training Team to ensure that staff training and development is fulfilled
- Productivity/ Task Management
- Responsible for daily management and support for the team to achieve operational success by making sure the team are aware of day to day targets and responsibilities.
- Plan and actively oversee team and shift activities by allocation of team members' duties for shift schedules, overtime assignments, shift rotations and back up for absent team members to ensure strict adherence to schedule.
- Ensure that team members follow defined manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements by keeping a visible lead for adherence to procedures and instructions.
- Liaise and communicate with other departments and ensure an effective interface is maintained.
- Ensure QA Trackwise targets for the department are met with timely progression to closure of all Deviations, CAPAs, Document Revisions, Audit Action Items and Controlled Changes.
- Carry out monthly walkarounds in the department in conjunction with QA for Inspection Readiness.
- Produce, maintain and review production documentation for the department.
- Review, evaluate and sign-off batch processing records for the department within the timeframe allocated for Right First Time KPI.
- Ensure that the escalation procedure for quality concerns is followed.
- Health & Safety
- Ensuring H&S KPIs are achieved by encouraging participation of the team in all the departmental safety aspects.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.
- Making sure staff are informed of and trained in Health and Safety practices and procedures in their specific areas of work (i.e Fire warden, First aider, Manual Handling, COSHH and/or Risk assessors).
- Science Degree, or appropriate qualified pharmaceutical or Packing experience
- Proven I.T Skills, Word, Excel, Email, ERP, Quality systems (TW, MS)
- People management capability
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Able to Implement and maintain KPIs
- Excellent knowledge of cGMP
- Experience of Regulatory inspections
- Good understanding of Health and Safety
- Experienced at performing Quality investigations and Deviation reporting
- Experience of carrying out Controlled Changes
- Experience of Lean or Standard work practices
Please note that this is a shift position, which operates on a 24/7 rotating shift pattern.
Please don't hesitate to apply today!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's