Product Manager Infectious Diseases
|Job Title:||Product Manager Infectious Diseases|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Radford|
|Job Published:||April 06, 2017 17:22|
The primary function of this role to develop and grow the Infectious Disease/Clinical Chemistry business for the company. The ideal candidate will have strong technical, sales & marketing experience and be responsible for the Infectious Disease (reagents & instruments), Clinical Chemistry products to both clinical laboratory and point-of-care settings.
- To maximise sales and gross profit for the Infectious Disease product range.
- Cooperate proactively with the regional sales managers and affiliate Sales & Marketing teams and key distributors to develop and implement global and regional specific marketing strategies and plans.
- Maximise marketing activities in key markets and travel as required to achieve goals.
- Provide and validate forecasts to operations for the product line.
- Organize the collection of market data, i.e. compile and maintain data on market, technology and competitor trends, to determine customer needs.
- This would result in appropriate segmentation of the market and definition of the Product offer with relevant competitive advantage.
- Continuously monitor revenue generation, analyse variances and develop corrective actions so sales and gross margin objectives continue to be attainable.
- Keep updated on market, technology and competitor trends. Translate this market information into appropriate segmentation, product offer definition and/or altered strategies where appropriate.
- Manage the product portfolio by identifying and filling gaps in the product line.
- Define specifications for new products/product changes in response to market needs.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement product launch activities, i.e. business & marketing and advertising & promotion plans, and launch package.
- Organise and monitor clinical trials and evaluations for existing and new products in liaison with Research & Development.
- Prepare and update product support materials for exiting products to aid distributor and sales forces to achieve sales targets.
- Conduct product training (in-house & in-field) for distributors and company personnel.
- Establish contact with end-users and opinion leaders through field visits and attendance of relevant trade show and scientific meetings.
- Provide market intelligence and data to the Research & Development department and designated project teams for reagent enhancement and new product development projects.
- Minimum primary degree in Science.
- Clinical Laboratory experience working with Infectious Disease diagnostic reagents and instrumentation.
- Experience and demonstrated success in International sales & marketing role with in-vitro diagnostic reagents.
- Experience in Infectious Disease marketing/sales highly desirable.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in another language is preferable but not necessary.
- This role requires cross-functional experience and knowledge in all areas of In Vitro Diagnostics from R&D, Quality to Regulatory and Commercial.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, dynamic and target driven. If this sounds like you, please don't hesitate to apply for this role as it is an urgent requirement.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's