|Job Title:||Production Manager|
|Contact Name:||Alex Young|
|Job Published:||May 08, 2017 13:48|
- Day to day leadership of Production teams ensuring a safe and compliant environment manufacturing quality product.
- Challenge inefficiency and process loss at every opportunity; establishing a team culture of continuous improvement and unrelenting pursuit of performance excellence.
- Develop a culture of success through Coaching, Mentoring and strong personal Leadership
- Understand all the technologies used in Production at CMTL, specifically the use of jet mills, pin mills and multiprocessors; be able to advise and lead the production team when a decision needs to be taken regarding processing conditions.
- Organize the daily work in Production in conjunction with the Shift Supervisors.
- Manage all production and warehouse staff to include performance evaluation and disciplinary events.
- Responsible for delivery of targets achieving KPI's of SQDC within department.
- Manage the planning activity in coordination with Project Management and Customer Service.
- Ensure all information required to initiate a Project is ready on time for production.
- Lead a Compliance culture within operations; Act as a role model for company quality values by continually raising standards.
- Ensure all team members adhere to SOP's and comply with their individual responsibilities for cGMP, to ensure there are no deficiencies.
- Lead team towards "Always Audit Ready" establishing a culture of compliance where;
- Keep the level of customer complaints associated with Production at a minimum level; monitor performance and implement changes as required.
- Lead and document investigations for complaints, deviation and reporting events associated with Production.
- Participate in customer audits; the Production Manager will generally represent Operations in all meetings where Production is involved.
- Work and resolve issues raised during customer audits relative to Production in a timely manner.
- Lead a Health and Safety culture within operations; ensure team consistently sets site safety best practices by demonstrating zero tolerance behavior, continually challenging and raising Safety standards.
- Eliminate risk to the employees, products and environment through rigorous safety and accident investigations and high quality current risk assessments
- Budget for additional staff, recruit and coordinate training of new employees in conjunction with Shift Supervisors and Operators.
- Budget and control expenses for the department.
- Recommend improvements to the batch manufacturing process and SOP's to increase process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Batch manufacturing records are accurately completed in real time to facilitate actions that allow the approval of documentation as required.
- Processes and procedures, including on line/in-process quality checks are followed rigorously to deliver consistent quality product.
- Embrace and lead 5S and continuous improvement activities.
- Effectively manage the use of all production resources (raw materials, packaging, labour,).
- Active involvement in all initiatives relating to area performance improvement. Manage teams to minimise equipment downtime and improve equipment availability and reliability through effective, timely turnarounds, tool changes and line sign offs.
- In general terms, the Production Manager will perform the above mentioned duties, along with any other specific duties, as assigned by the General Manager
- Degree qualified (BSc)
- 5+ years' experience in Manufacturing, with a Pharmaceutical background
- Leadership/People Management
- GMP Knowledge
- EHS Management
- Black Belt (5S and 6 Sigma)