Quality Assurance Technician (contract) - Co.TIpperary, Ireland
|Job Title:||Quality Assurance Technician (contract) - Co.TIpperary, Ireland|
|Location:||Tipperary, Republic of Ireland|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Wilson|
|Job Published:||August 03, 2017 14:54|
Provides technical assistance to engineering to support manufacturing efforts by implementing corrective and preventative actions. Assists engineers in developing methods and procedures to control or improve manufacturing processes.
- Assists engineering in providing manufacturing support by training operators on processes and engineering changes, and performing operator certification on-the-job training and testing.
- Develops knowledge of manufacturing practices and procedures.
- Learns process improvement techniques by assisting engineering in researching and validating changes in processes/equipment and test methods to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time per established procedures.
- Learns traceability and inspection requirements, learns statistical process control criteria. Learns how to develop manufacturing instructions, and create training sheets and certifications. May also train operators on basic processes and engineering changes, and perform operator certification on-the-job training and testing.
- Assists engineers in collecting, compiling, measuring, organising and recording data, and by writing procedures. May keep lab notebook.
Education & Job Skills
- National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) level 6 qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Relevant work experience advantageous but not essential or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Applies limited knowledge of basic technical concepts and practices and a basic understanding of product or systems fundamentals.
- Utilises basic knowledge of numerical and/or statistical data and computer software programs to resolve routine problems. Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
- Performs routine technical tasks working from detailed written or verbal instructions.
- Performs routine set-up, testing, repair, inspection, and/or maintenance of certain area-specific equipment, materials, systems, and/or product.
- Assignments require limited judgment in troubleshooting proven processes.
- Completes daily work to meet established schedule with guidance from supervisor on prioritisation of tasks.
- Solves problems of limited scope and complexity requiring basic interpretation of well-defined procedures and practices.
- Maintains confidentiality in handling sensitive information or documents.
- Close supervision.
- Receives detailed instruction on all assignments.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's