|Job Title:||Quality Manager|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Contact Name:||Alex Young|
|Job Published:||March 11, 2017 11:00|
Overall Job Purpose:
To administer and monitor the quality management system within the Laboratories.
To oversee local Quality activities in accordance with appropriate accreditation or regulatory bodies (e.g. UKAS, CPA, GXP etc.).
To include, but not be restricted to, the following duties:
- To maintain the quality policy for the Laboratories as directed.
- To ensure that processes that are required for the Quality management System are established, implemented and maintained within the laboratories
- To provide a Quality Lead and a point of initial contact for quality guidance and support on day to day activities across the organisation.
- To assist QMG in ensuring the Quality Management System functions correctly by helping the Director to develop, manage and maintain regular POCT quality meetings with key stakeholders across the organisation
- To assist with the establishment and documentation of quality objectives, including formulating a plan for achieving these objectives.
- To assist in the preparation, administration, dissemination and regular review of quality manuals for the laboratories.
- To ensure that the quality management system functions correctly by managing and maintaining quality monitoring systems.
- To assist in maintaining the document control system for the Laboratories
- To assist in maintaining the system for control of technical records for the Laboratories
- To assist in maintaining the control of clinical material for the Laboratories
- To participate in the management review procedure for the quality management system.
- To participate in the ongoing evaluation and improvement processes for the Laboratories
- To engage in activities for measuring system performance of the Laboratories
- To engage in activities for measuring process performance of the Laboratories
- Assisting the Director of Quality with the management of External Quality Assessment schemes for the Laboratories
- To assist in maintaining systems to facilitate the continuing improvement in the laboratory services
- To ensure all quality procedures are performed in accordance with the relevant Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- To ensure the promotion of awareness of users' needs and requirements throughout the organisation.
- To report to laboratory management, at the level at which decisions are made on laboratory policy, objectives, and resources, on the performance of the Quality Management System and any need for improvement.
To become familiar with the day - to day organisation of the department as it affects your work. You should be aware of the functions of the members of staff in the department as they affect your work. To attend laboratory meetings as required.
To undertake such work as you are assigned in a careful and efficient way and in compliance with current CPA/UKAS standards, regulatory requirements and the Quality Management System.
To communicate in a friendly, helpful and non-prejudicial manner in your dealings with staff, clients and / or customers as you will be regarded as a representative of your department as well as the Company, and you should behave accordingly. Matters regarding patients are confidential and must not be discussed except in the course of your duties. You will be expected to sign an undertaking to observe all patient and Company confidentiality.
To be aware of and abide by the rules and codes of the department. This is particularly important in the case of Health and Safety and Fire procedures. To behave in a professional manner and cooperate with all other members of staff at all times.
You will be trained for the work you are expected to do. Do not attempt any work unless you are confident that you can carry it out properly.
To adhere to and to positively promote the Sonic / Core Values.
To maintain high standards of work within your department.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Quality and the Principal Quality Manager.
To participate in an Annual Joint Review.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Quality Assurance Manager IT (m/w)
€60000 - €80000 per annum
Supplier Quality Engineer (m/w)
Saalfeld/Saale (07318), Thüringen
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Qualitätsfachkraft (m/w) / Qualitätssicherung & Messtechnik
Head of QMB
Swiss Franc130000 - Swiss Franc150000 per annum
Leiter Qualitätsmanagement (m/w)