Quality Technician (contract) - Cork - Medical Devices
|Job Title:||Quality Technician (contract) - Cork - Medical Devices|
|Location:||Cork, Republic of Ireland|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Wilson|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2017 09:58|
Manufacturing for the medical industry demands precision and the highest quality standards. With 25 years of medical industry experience, the company provides a comprehensive suite of medical product services with an extensive offering of integrated manufacturing solutions for the entire product life cycle. Our facility is FDA registered and certified to ISO 13485:2003 for the manufacture of high-quality PCBAs, subassemblies and complete devices up to and including Class III medical devices. The core specialization is manufacturing automation.
Reporting to the quality engineer, these quality technician will ensure the company's quality focus is present throughout all products. The Quality Technician ensures customer satisfaction by monitoring, controlling and improving all related customer processes and is the customer interface for Quality metrics and improvement initiatives in a Medical Device regulated environment. This role operates on a rotating 12 hour shift basis and there is a requirement to work overtime as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support quality process definition, set up, verification and improvement
- Customer Quality improvement:
- Data collection, analyzing and reporting
- Customer complaints and improvement processes
- Pareto and trend analysis
- First Article Inspections and Reporting
- RMA, review, approval analysis and improvement
- Customer Interface on Quality Issues
- Conducting Audits to ensure conformance and effectiveness of the Quality System
- Feedback and improvement on Customer 'Supplier Quality Issues'
- Prepare for and attend daily engagement process meetings
- Identify improvements through Quality review and meetings on Quality, Yield, flow, documentation, control etc
- Escalation of Quality Issues where necessary
- Support Validation Activity
Required and desirable skills and experience include
- Certificate / Diploma in Science or Engineering, or sufficient job related experience
- Sound understanding and utilization of Problem Solving Techniques
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good communications and influencing skills
- Ability to write standard operating procedures and training documents
- Experience in a similar Quality Engineering role in the electronics manufacturing industry
- Experience in working within a Medical Device Manufacturing Environment
- Six sigma Green or Black Belt certified
- Experience in New Product Introduction Processes.
- Experience in Sterile device processing and manufacturing.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's