Senior Analytical Scientist
|Job Title:||Senior Analytical Scientist|
|Location:||Republic of Ireland,|
|Contact Name:||Alex Young|
|Job Published:||November 22, 2016 11:26|
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out and leading current analytical method activities and testing for new products and line extensions for the client
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the testing activities relating to R&D Projects activities.
- Plan and track progress of the work schedules for the analysts in the R&D Projects team, to set and monitor KPIs.
- Supervise technically, and where assigned, as a personnel supervisor, a team of analysts within the R&D Projects group taking responsibility for their output, productivity, and development.
- Carryout wet chemistry and chromatographic analytical method development and analytical method comparisons, verifications, transfers or validations as requested.
- Ensure that work is carried out safely and in compliance with the organization's quality system. Ensure that quality documentation is generated and updated to reflect current best practice and that this is done in a timely manner.
- Ensure monthly Project data evaluation meetings are scheduled and be the lead in the discussion of the results of the testing.
- Take the analytical lead within new projects and drive towards timely and successful completion of the project while harnessing good communication within the Analytical and wider project team and with other departments within the company.
- Independently solve analytical problems and develop solutions in more unusual situations.
- Schedule experiments in the lab and provide guidance to individuals in more junior positions.
- As senior analyst in R&D seek to continuously improve the way we work in R&D Analytical
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
Must possess knowledge of analytical operating systems and techniques (especially HPLC) within a highly regulated pharmaceutical laboratory. Must have considerable experience of developing wet chemistry, chromatographic or biological methods.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication, organizational skills and computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook. Be able to work as a flexible analytical lead member of a project team, Quality Orientated, Tight Deadline
Awareness, Housekeeping Aware. Strong technical background. Energy to achieve stretch goals. Track record of delivering results. Excellent standard of laboratory documentation completion necessary.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a science related discipline (Preferably Chemistry, Biochemistry or
Biotechnology) with 6+ years pharmaceutical analytical laboratory experience. Previous experience of analytical project lead including training and supervising the activities of junior analytical personnel. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
Ability to read and interpret comprehensive and intricate research documents. Ability to write scientific reports and technical correspondence. Ability to work with executives and communicate abstract concepts. Ability to present to a high level of the organization and groups outside of the organization.
Ability to solve problems with complex variables through non-standardized solutions that require independent judgment and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and use deductive reasoning with no prescribed procedures to solve complex problems.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's