Urgent opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join a global pharmaceutical company based in Ireland for an initial 12 month contract.
The Senior Buyer will act as a senior purchaser and manage the purchase of all products in the territories assigned to you. Assess costs and availability compared to demand and profitability and expand the source base within the EU.
- Procure and order pharmaceutical products from approved suppliers and source additional suppliers on a continuous basis;
- plan purchase strategy based on business plan / sales, not excluding unique opportunities;
- obtain the required quantities of products in line with sales;
- negotiate prices of existing products where possible;
- investigate new opportunities;
- frequent travel abroad to visit suppliers at least once a year and arrange for them to travel to the Company at least once a year. Travel may vary depending on the products and requirements of the Company;
- Travel to Belgium once a week for product meetings;
- Participate in trade fairs;
- Develop and maintain close cooperation with supply chain department;
- To be generally aware at all times of the potential for counterfeit product in the supply chain and to ensure the measures in place within the quality systems to counteract the potential of handling counterfeit product are adhered to;
- Inform supply chain about deliveries and expected quantities;
- maintain the SAP system: GRPO, PO, stock adjustments versus PO;
- co-organise transport of goods;
- demonstrate a proactive approach towards stock issues;
- work closely with the Quality Department;
- follow rules and regulations (GDP guidelines);
- Carry out various other additional tasks that may be required from time to time in accordance with the overall goal of the Company.
Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing experience
- Understanding of Parallel Trade is an advantage
- Result driven: Objective/ results orientated, creative problem solving mentality
If interested, please apply immediately.