Vice President, Medical Affairs
|Job Title:||Vice President, Medical Affairs|
|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Contact Name:||Ben Richardson|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2017 18:04|
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Vice President of Medical Affairs will be responsible for establishing and building the Medical Affairs function at my clients headquarters as well as developing and implementing the strategic medical affairs plan for the company's lead product. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the imperatives of a successful medical affairs group, strong leadership experience in the pharmaceutical industry, coupled with strong team management skills, and the ability to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues, KOLs, and advocacy associations.
- Develop the Medical Affairs vision, strategy and resource requirements to successfully prepare the medical community for the launch of my clients products.
- Work closely with the commercial and clinical science teams to elicit scientific feedback from the medical community regarding my clients programs, including conducting Advisory Boards, participation in medical symposia, developing a publication strategy, etc.
- Identify, recruit, develop and retain key talent in the Medical Affairs functional area including building and leading a field-based MSL team.
- Collaborate with clinical sciences to direct and guide life cycle development to achieve optimal performance and results, including involvement in Phase 4 protocol design, investigator selection, trial monitoring, data management, analysis, and communication of results.
- Work closely with commercial to bring medical perspective to commercial strategies and tactics and collaborate on most efficient and effective ways for field forces to work together.
- Represent (or delegate as appropriate) Medical Affairs on the Program Teams and lead the Medical Affairs Sub Teams for all programs.
- Lead and collaborate on implementation of post approval data generation activities, including registries as appropriate.
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with current and future thought leaders, including leaders of important policy initiatives.
- Collaborate with thought leaders to develop potential clinical therapeutic ideas that will support my clients vision and also develop concepts for and coordinate/supervise investigator initiated, non-registration pre-clinical and/or clinical studies.
- Drive internal and external communication strategies for disease information and clinical messaging.
- Lead team responsible for health economic and outcome research (HEOR) activities.
- Supervise and support medical information services for commercial products and sit on or supervise participation on promotional review committee.
- Regularly interact with and present to the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors and represent medical affairs on cross-functional teams.
- Infectious Diseases/Anti-infective expertise, especially in the in-hospital arena. Alternatively, experience with products in the hospital acute care area.
- 10 + years' experience within a pharmaceutical, biotech, or healthcare organization in medical affairs, including hands-on involvement in registration dossier preparation/submission review and post marketing Phase IV and Investigator Initiated Studies.
- 10 + years' experience presenting clinical and pre-clinical data to external audiences.
- Demonstrated success in building and leading effective home-office and field-based medical teams.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal); individual should be a skilled communicator and relationship-builder who effectively networks internally and externally.
- Strong track record of building effective organizations and developing employees.
- MD, PharmD or PhD in a relevant field.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Quality and Regulatory Affairs (m/w) in Zug (Schweiz)
Quality Manager (m/w) im Kanton Zürich gesucht!
Manager PMS / Clinical Evaluations (m/w) in Basel
Qualitätsfachmann (m/w) in der Ostschweiz